Saturday, September 25, 2010

We'll Be Young Forever

God has been blessing me so much these past few days. I feel totally overwhelmed by his love and provision, and I just wanted to share it with anyone who's willing to read.

I mentioned on a previous post that I'm refraining from making any material purchases for myself this semester. I have been very successful in following through on that so far. It's been a little difficult at times, but when I really think about it I realize that I don't need any of the things that I've been tempted by recently, and I'm saving lots of money, so it's been awesome.

Anyway, I was thinking the other day that there were some things I was running out of that I don't really need but I would really like to keep buying (aka mascara, lotions, nail polish, etc.) Yes yes, girly things. So I was debating in my head whether or not it would be okay for me to still buy them, but I hadn't come to a decision yet. A few nights later, my aunt and uncle took me out to eat for my birthday. They had brought along a present, and it was a bag FULL of girl things. Nail polish, eyeliner, lotion, body wash, mascara - everything that I had been thinking about! I couldn't believe it! My aunt told me that she and my cousin were reading a web article about the top beauty products for women, so they decided to go out and get me some of the things from the list. So not only did I get what I needed, but I got some LEGIT stuff! I felt like God was clearly saying, "Thank you for being obedient. And see? I will provide for you!" So that was awesome. I'm still smiling about it.

Other things to be happy about: I went downtown with some friends last night for a free country concert held outside to kick off the World Equestrian Games. It was raining when we got there, and we weren't sure it was actually going to happen, but the rain stopped and it was a fantastic concert! So many rednecks singing along to every song, waving their beers in the air and groping their sweethearts. Good times.

One of my roommates coaches a little kids' soccer team, so a couple of us went to watch them play this morning. It was so cute. The kids are all super sassy and cop major attitudes, but you can tell that they love it. Afterward, I experienced my first burger at Five Guys, and then came home and recorded for a while.

And besides all these wonderful things in the past, I have so much to look forward to! Eric and I just cast his play, and we're starting rehearsals this next week. I have A Chorus Line to look forward to in a couple months. I'm going to my first UK game on the 9th. I get to see a lovely friend in a musical next weekend. My dad is coming at the end of next month to do a father/daughter worship service during homecoming weekend. And at the Equestrian Games tomorrow, admission for college students is free!

I feel so incredibly blessed. Life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment