Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hush Now

Pacing.

Pacing.

Pacing.

I couldn't sleep last night. I can't sit still. My mind is going ten thousand miles per hour. Where is peace?

Suddenly everything changes. My future lays before me, blank and staring, even more uncertain than before.

Wringing my hands.

The deepest of sighs.

The deepest ache.

"I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely."

"The Lord is good and does what is right; he shows the proper path to those who go astray."

"When I am afraid I will put my trust in you."

"You know what I long for, Lord; you hear my every sigh."

"Have compassion on me, Lord, for I am weak. Heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony. I am sick at heart. How long, O Lord, until you restore me?"

Trying so hard to remind myself of the promises, of his faithfulness. Knowing his love for me is perfect. But today...where is peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment