Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fish Gotta Swim, Birds Gotta Fly

Anyone who has talked to me for more than ten minutes has quickly realized that theatre is a huge part of my life. It is one of my biggest passions, and I believe God has given me a heart that desires to act and teach.

I've started directing a musical review that I organized myself, and we open in just two weeks. It's such a crazy, chaotic, keeps-me-awake-every-night process. But I love it. It energizes me. I love putting something together and watching it grow and blossom with each passing day. I love seeing my cast reap the benefits of their hard work.

The other night after rehearsal, I was so exhausted that I just sat in the theatre after everyone left so I could catch my breath. It was so peaceful there. Just listening to the silence after all the chaos had left. I was so content to just be. There's something about an empty theatre that is so magical. The silence...the potential for sound...envisioning actors on the stage performing great works...hearing the music in my head from one musical after another...and just sitting and listening to the building hum. It's so hard to explain, but it really is magical.

And although I'm doing exactly what I love to do, I feel as if a part of me has died. At the end of the day, when I walk home, I feel an ache.

I feel an ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment