Friday, March 11, 2011

Miles Apart

Well, here we are. It's time for Spring Break. After having incredible spring break adventures in the past, I was looking forward to what this final year would hold. But, sadly, all previous plans fell through and I will be staying in this tiny, deserted town for the week.

At first I was super bummed. I'm stuck here? The very place I want to take a break from? While everyone else is soaking up the southern sun for the week, I'll be trapped under the freezing clouds. No one around. Nothing to do.

But as I've been thinking about it more, I'm a little bit excited. Having nothing in particular to do leaves room for infinite possibilities. So I plan to do some exploring. I want to spend lots of time at coffee shops around Lexington. I want to read. I want to watch Fringe (thanks, Jen). I want to catch up on Glee. I want to finally organize my iTunes (I literally have about 1,000 duplicates). I want to get some work done on my directed study. I want to walk around downtown and just be. Just watch people. Maybe write.

But the main thing I want to do this week is just listen. I feel like I haven't been seeking God enough about my future lately, and there are just so many unknowns. I plan to be off facebook for the week to limit out a major distraction in my life, and I just want to be a sponge. I know that just because I'm opening myself up doesn't mean God is just going to lay his plans before me, but I want to be specifically focused on just being open for whatever he wants to reveal.

So I'm excited. I have a feeling that my plans didn't work out for a specific reason, and I'm looking forward to whatever else is in store. It should be a good week!

1 comment: